Protection You Deserve
Do you need motorcycle insurance in Spokane, Washington? The state of Washington requires riders to have a minimum amount of motorcycle insurance in order to operate their vehicles legally. The good news is that Boyd Insurance Brokerage offers affordable motorcycle insurance.
Washington Mandated Minimum Insurance Requirements
As of July 28, 2019, Washington state law mandates that motorcycle operators have a minimum amount of insurance and are no longer exempt from insurance coverage laws. This means that drivers must have a certain amount of liability coverage, including:
- $25,000 minimum coverage for injuries or deaths caused to another person
- $50,000 minimum coverage for injuries caused to all of the other people involved in the accident or to cover the deaths of all other people.
- $10,000 minimum coverage in order to pay for any property damage to someone else’s property.
WhatsApp:+1 856-895-1549read more
Whatsapp: +39 351-093-7250read more
Quotes from 150+ Carriers
The state of Washington does allow alternate ways to get insurance other than having a standard motorcycle insurance policy. One of the ways is by getting a surety bond in the amount of $60,000 from a surety bond company that is licensed to operate and sell bonds in the state of Washington.
Another alternative is to self-insure. This option is available if you own 26 or more vehicles. To see if you qualify for this option, you must call the Department of Licensing.
It’s important to note that the minimum coverage laws are the least amount of insurance that you must have in order to operate your motorcycle legally. It may not cover all the expenses if you are involved in an accident.
Vehicles that Are Exempt from the Insurance Law
While motorcycles are no longer exempt from the WA vehicle insurance laws, there are still vehicles that do not need to be insured, including:
- Motor Scooters
- Horseless Carriages
- Vehicles Owned by the State
Bundle and Save
By combining policies to save time and money.
Fast Friendly Service
Contact us for phone or email support.
Protection You Can Trust
We work closely with only top rate carriers.
Types of Motorcycle Insurance in Spokane, Washington
There are several types of motorcycle insurance coverages available, including bodily injury and property damage liability, collision, medical payments, personal injury and comprehensive.
- Bodily Injury – Pays for the other driver’s injuries or death if you are found to be the at-fault driver for the accident. This type of insurance coverage is required.
- Property Damage – pays for the other person’s property damage, which could include a vehicle, residence, storefront or other structure owned by someone else. This coverage is required.
- Medical Payments – If you or a passenger is injured in an accident while riding your motorcycle, this coverage helps pay for any resulting medical expenses.
- Personal Injury – If you are hurt in a motorcycle accident, this insurance coverage helps pay for your injuries, death and lost income by reimbursing you for your expenses.
- Collision – Pays to repair the damage to your motorcycle or replace it if you’re in an accident that is your fault.
- Comprehensive – This insurance coverage helps pay for damage to your bike that was not caused by an accident. Some examples of damage that this coverage would pay for include wind and storm damage, flooding, theft and vandalism.
- Underinsured – If you get into an accident with another driver, who is underinsured, this coverage helps pay for the remainder of the expenses.
- Uninsured – If you get into an accident with a driver who does not have insurance, this helps pay for your accident-related expenses.
Local & Family Owned
We are a medium-sized insurance brokerage that was established in 1996. As Independent Agents, we represent you, the CLIENT. Although we write all types of insurance, we specialize in auto and home insurance in the Northwest.
• Integrity • Excellent Service • Quality
Other Types of Insurance That’s Available for Your Motorcycle
In some cases, the standard insurance polices may not be enough. For that reason, we offer a few coverages that you can add on to your policy.
- Towing – Pays for towing your motorcycle if you get into an accident or your motorcycle breaks down while you are riding it.
- Rental Reimbursement – If your bike is stolen or at the repair shop for accident-related damage repair, this coverage helps pay for a rental vehicle.
- Transport Trailer Damage Coverage – If your trailer and motorcycle are damaged while in transit or as the result of a covered event, this insurance helps pay for any repairs or the replacement of your trailer and motorcycle.
- Equipment Coverage – If your motorcycle has custom parts or upgrades, this coverage helps pay for the replacement of those parts if your motorcycle is damaged in an accident.
- Gap Insurance – Gap insurance is a good idea if you lease your motorcycle or have a large loan for it. This coverage pays the difference between the market value of your motorcycle and the remainder of the money owed on your lease or loan if your motorcycle is totaled.
A few questions away from saving up to 40% on your insurance.
Motorcycle Insurance in Spokane with Boyd Insurance Brokerage
At Boyd Insurance Brokerage, we can help you get affordable insurance for your new or used motorcycle that meets or exceeds the state’s minimum insurance coverage requirements. We also offer other types of personal insurance, including car, boat, homeowners and life insurance.
To learn more about motorcycle insurance and to get a quote, call us at (509) 340-2693.